CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC DISCLOSURES
THIS E-SIGN CONSENT (“Consent”) CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION about the legal relationship between you and Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. dba Virginia Properties, Evers & Company Real Estate, Tailored Move, and Northrop Realty, a Virginia corporation, and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and/or assigns, as applicable ("we," "us," "our," or "Long & Foster"). "You," "your" or "Customer" refers to any individual who is acquiring a timeshare interest offered by Long & Foster. This Consent is written in English; if there are translated versions of the Consent that conflict with the English version of the Consent, the English version shall control.
READ THIS CONSENT IN FULL. BY EXECUTING THIS CONSENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION ELECTRONICALLY AND NOT ON PAPER.
1. Your Legal Rights:
Your consent is being provided voluntarily in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN”). You acknowledge and agree that you and we both intend that E-SIGN applies to our relationship to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with each other by electronic means.
2. Types of Electronic Communications You Will Receive:
You understand and agree that we may provide documents to you in electronic format and forego paper copies of documents, agreements, disclosures, notices, and other information and communications regarding your account(s) (if any), services, products, the use of our websites (collectively the “Websites”), or our other electronic services, your relationship with us, and/or other programs, products or services that are or may be in the future made available to you (collectively, "Communications"). Such Communications may include, but are not limited to:
- This Consent and any updates to this Consent;
- Any agreements with Long & Foster, as well as other service or user agreements for access to the Websites or other electronic services;
- Updates to any agreements and disclosures, notices, and other materials and other information regarding transactions;
- Communications required to be provided to you by law, including disclosures and information about potential loan products, your loan, servicing, or notifications regarding changes in loan servicer (if any), if you elected to finance your purchase;
- Online privacy notices and policies, consumer privacy notices, and other privacy statements or notices (by posting such notices on our website);
- Any notice of new terms and conditions or the deletion or amendment of existing terms and conditions applicable to accounts, products, or services that you obtain from us;
- Certain tax statements or notices that we may be legally required to provide; and
- Certain information or forms that we request from you and ask you to submit electronically, such as tax documentation, W-9 forms, or other agreements.
3. Types of Communications You Will Receive in Paper Form:
We will not furnish paper copies unless you request them, except where we determine, in our sole discretion that: (a) we are required to deliver such copies in paper form under applicable law; or (b) you should receive Communications in paper rather than electronic form. If we determine paper copies should be provided, we will also determine, in our sole discretion, whether to deliver paper copies to you in-person at the closing of your loan, to mail them to your primary physical mailing address that we have in our records, or otherwise deliver them as may be required by law or any applicable governing agreement.
4. Obtaining Paper Copies:
You may request a paper copy of any legal document or required disclosure provided electronically by calling 1-888-462-9111, by e-mailing [email protected], or by mailing a written request to 14501 George Carter Way, Attn: Corporate Real Estate Services, Chantilly, VA, 20151. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable price to provide the paper copies that you request.
5. Hardware and Software Requirements:
You must have reasonable access to hardware and software that meets the minimum standards necessary in order to view and retain the electronic records we are providing. By agreeing to accept electronic documents, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you meet the following minimum requirements (which are subject to change):
- Operating Systems: Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10; Mac OSX® Mavericks 10.9+.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer® 11, Microsoft Chromium Edge, Google Chrome, 6.0 or above (Windows only); Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or above (Windows and Mac); Safari™ v13.3.0 or above (Mac only).
- PDF Reader: Acrobat® or similar software may be required to view and print PDF files. Adobe Reader® is part of the image, and additional variants of Adobe® are available if needed.
- Screen: Color monitor, with a resolution of 800 x 600 at minimum. Customer shall view all text on all documents at 100% magnification.
- Enabled Security Settings: Allow per session cookies.
- If you wish to view .pdf files on your mobile device, you will need software which enables the viewing of .pdf files such as the mobile version of Adobe Reader® or similar software.
You understand, acknowledge, and agree that if we send communications to you by e-mail that reference certain websites containing terms and conditions, that you will review the content and that our having provided you with the website address constitutes our provision to you of those terms and conditions via electronic means. We recommend that you print or download a copy of this Consent and all other Communications we furnish and retain them in a secure place. If our hardware or software requirements change, and that change creates a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain future electronic records from us, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements via email. You further understand, acknowledge, and agree that by continuing to access one of our Websites electronically after we have sent notice of a change in requirement, such continued use reaffirms your consent to the use of electronic records as described herein.
6. Updating Your Contact Information:
You agree to maintain a valid e-mail address through which we may contact you. If your e-mail address or other contact information changes, you agree to contact us immediately by telephone at 1-888-462-9111 or by e-mail to [email protected].
7.How to Withdraw Your Consent:
You may withdraw this consent by telephone by calling 1-888-462-9111, by e-mail to [email protected], or by mailing your request to us at 14501 George Carter Way, Attn: Corporate Real Estate Services, Chantilly, VA, 20151. You will not be charged a fee to withdraw your consent. However, if you decide to withdraw your consent, that withdrawal will not affect the validity and enforceability of electronic documents that you executed or electronic communications provided to you before your withdrawal of consent.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide your account information electronically. We will provide you with notice of such changes as required by law.